Monday, June 27, 2011

Breaded Baked Chicken Wings

Delicious baked chicken that is as crispy as fried chicken.  Such a fast easy recipe that takes just a minute to prepare.  The oven does all the work!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups plain bread crumbs 
teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon dried basil 
1 teaspoon teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 egg
1 tablespoon water
3 lbs of chicken wing parts (drumettes and wingettes)

Preparation:

In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, onion powder, basil, garlic salt and paprika.
In a small bowl, whisk egg and water.  Dip wings in egg, then place in bag and shake to coat. Place on a greased 15 x 10" baking pan. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once (it's important to flip each piece of chicken over half way through cooking).  Can be served hot, room temperature or cold.

9 comments:

  1. Hi girls! Thank you for coming by my blog and including me in your bloghop! I have added my link.
    This chicken looks delicious Ellen...My family loves breaded chicken. This is a wonderful recipe for family gatherings...I look forward to future posts! Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wings are my favorite part of the chicken because of all the delicious crispy skin. Your version is quick and easy...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds awesome! Thank you so much for your nice comment at my blog. I'm tickled to pieces to be introduced to your lovely blog. LOVE the idea of sisters doing this together - how fun!!!! I had a very busy weekend and missed the first blog hop, but will plan to join in next time around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those chicken wings look wonderful. I love your picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! I love BAKED chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look amazing!! Love this blog!! Lots of delicious things on here. Now following.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these look absolutely delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made these tonight. But I had already had the cut chicken wings soaking in a bath of buttermilk and garlic salt.

    My mix was a little different in that I substituted cheyenne pepper for paprika.

    As an experiment, I mixed some of the buttermilk in with the bread coating and coated a few wings with the mixture..

    Probably the best chicken wings ever....and we eat a lot of wings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds fantastic. Thank you so much for posting and letting us know your variation and how the chicken came out. I'll have to try that be time :)

      Delete

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.