Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Crockpot Eggplant Lasagna

I have had my crock pot for years but I never know what to make in it.  It always seems to me that most of the crock pot recipes require a can of some kind of creamed soup and that wouldn't go over very well in my family.  So I don't use it as often as I would like.  It would be really nice to just throw something together in the morning and just forget about it until dinner time.   So I'm on the search for good slow cooker recipes.  If anyone has one please leave a link in your comment so I can try it out.  Having said that, this crock pot eggplant lasagna was delicious.  My husband really loved it and so did my 21 month old son.  I used eggplant in everyother layer inplace of the pasta to help "lighten" this recipe a tiny bit. 

Ingredients:

1/2 lb of no boil lasagna sheets
1 medium eggplant sliced into 1/2 inch slices lengthwise
1 lb of ground beef (chicken or turkey would be good too)
1 1/2 jars of pasta sauce
1 small container ricotta cheese
1 egg
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 cups of mozzarella cheese, shredded
salt and pepper to taste
non-stick cooking spray (to spray inside of crock pot)

Preparation:

Spray entire inside of crock pot ceramic pot.  In a large skillet brown ground beef, drain off excess fat.  Add pasta sauce to meat and stir to combine, take off heat.  Mix ricotta cheese, egg and parmesan cheese in a small bowl and set aside. 

Assembly:

Spoon a couple large spoonfuls of meat sauce in the bottom of crock pot, next add a layer of pasta sheets (break them up to make them fit across the bottom of pot) Next add a layer of ricotta cheese mixture, sprinkle with a handful of mozzarella cheese. Spoon more sauce then add a layer of sliced eggplant, ricotta cheese mixture, mozzarella cheese and sauce.  Continue layering using pasta sheets and then back to eggplant until all ingredients are used up.  End with a top layer of mozzarella cheese.  Cover pot and cook on low for 4 hrs.

5 comments:

  1. That Lasagna looks great, I can't wait to try it out. I have a couple crock pot recipes.

    http://picturesofaprincess.blogspot.com/2011/07/crock-pot-curry.html

    http://picturesofaprincess.blogspot.com/2011/09/crock-pot-pepper-steak.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going shopping in two days and will definetly make these. I have a big muffin pan though. I enjoy low carb foods.Thanx for posting this !! Techlazy.com Crazyask.com Howmate.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made this for dinner minus the meat because I'm a vegetarian. Perfect. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so so GOOD! Love this low-carb eggplant lasagna recipe. I made it every Sunday for my family. Everybody enjoys it.

    Riyanna
    Storage Units Pasadena

    ReplyDelete

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.