Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Perfect Thin Pancakes


If you like pancakes that are thicker than a crepe but thinner than the usual pancake then this is the recipe for you.  This super simple recipe takes just a minute to whip up and is super delicious.  They  are thin and buttery with crispy edges, totally irresistible.  Serve with warm maple syrup, powdered sugar or plain straight out of the skillet.  I promise you will LOVE these for anytime of the day or night.


Ingredients:

2 eggs
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
additional butter for cooking

Preparation:

In a medium bowl beat together the eggs, milk vanilla and melted butter.  Next add in flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and whisk until smooth.   Place a teaspoon of butter in a non stick skillet or on a griddle pan and spread out evenly.   Add about 1/4 cup of batter to the hot, buttered skillet.  When batter begins to set around the edges, carefully flip pancake using a large spatula.  Cook other side of pancake until golden brown and pancake is cooked all the way through.   Add another teaspoon of margarine to hot skillet in-between cooking each pancake, this will ensure a delicious crispy edge on each pancake.  Transfer pancakes to a serving tray and enjoy!  Serve with warm maple syrup or powdered sugar.



17 comments:

  1. You seriously solved two of my problems with one easy internet search. I wanted a ready to make right now, not soak overnight french toast casserole (check!) and I have been CRAVING thin pancakes but I have never made them correctly. Thank you! Yay for food. Yay for sisters. Yay for moms helping moms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, I was eating the wrong kind of pancakes my whole life. Thank you so much for this amazing recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so happy you love this recipe as much as we do!

      Delete
  4. How many pancakes will this recipe make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LC, Good question although I don't think I can answer that for you until I make the recipe again. I sometimes make small silver dollar pancakes and my family is always eating while I'm making them so I never got a good count. LOL . If I had to guess I would say about 10-12 pancakes. I will however test it out and update this for you.

      Delete
  5. This recipe makes about 2 cups of batter :) So about 8 pancakes if uou measure out 1/4 of batter/pancake

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent recipe. They were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PERFECTION! Thank you! I've been trying to find my Dutch FIL's recipe for years and this is it. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I'm so happy you love it! I actually have not made this in quite awhile. I think we are due for a batch of theses very soon. Happy Holidays!

      Delete
  8. So i made and loved these. I hate thick pancakes they make me want to gag. As a kid we had a British neighbour and I was freinds with her son she made pancakes just like these that I loved. I am so glad to have found this recipe. Thank you for posting. They are also fantastic with whole wheat flour and a squeeze of lemon juice and powdered sugar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this comment! You are so very welcome. My oldest daughter HATES thick pancakes. These are the perfect compromise between thick pancakes and crepes!

      Delete
  9. Amazing with a homemade fruit syrup. Amazing pancakes, add fruit, powdered sugar and I made a passion fruit syrup, omg.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are making theese pancackes right know!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love theses pancakes. I introduced them to my entire family and they ask me to make them all the time. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking for pancake for pigs in blanket....I think this may be it!

    ReplyDelete

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.