Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Healthy Taco Lasagna


I am a big fan of the one dish dinner. I hate having a hundred pots and pans to clean. I like fast dinners during the week because I don't have a lot of time to cook since I work late three nights a week. I am constantly on the search a good casserole recipe. Unfortunately, they are always so fattening. I decided to make up a healthier version of a rich recipe and it came out awesome.

Ingredients:

6 whole wheat flour tortillas
1 lb lean ground turkey
1/2 packet of taco seasoning mix
1/4 cup water
1 can of enchilada sauce
2 plum tomatoes chopped
1 cup of frozen corn
1 8oz package of shredded low fat cheese cheese (cheddar or Mexican blend)

Preparation:

Brown turkey meat (drain fat if needed) add 1/2 of the taco seasoning packet and 1/4 cup of water. Add corn and chopped tomatoes. Cook through. In a 9x13 casserole dish pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom. Cover sauce layer with two tortillas. Add 1/2 the meat mixture, 1/3 of the cheese and another thin layer of sauce. Top with two more tortillas and repeat. After placing the last two tortillas on top, pour sauce to cover (you might not need the entire rest of the can). Place in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. Then top with the remaining cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. this looks so yummy. gonna have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just the ate leftovers of this for breakfast. LOL and YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this yesterday and it is delicious. We are having leftovers for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely will be trying this soon. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.