Friday, November 11, 2011

Chocolate Dipped Cranberry Almond Biscotti

I needed to make something "international" for a potluck luncheon that I was invited to at my former job.  I also needed to make something that I could totally complete the day before because I wouldn't have anytime the morning of the luncheon.  I opened my cabinets and saw cranberries, almonds and dark chcocolate and thought BISCOTTI.  It's Italian and delicious would also taste perfect the following day.  So here we have Chocolate Dipped, Cranberry Almond Biscotti.  Now the trick was to make sure my husband didn't eat it all before the next day.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup margarine
1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups white flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teasoon salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips, melted for dipping

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Line a baking sheet with a silpat or grease baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.  In a large bowl cream together margarine and sugar, add eggs and almond extract and mix until combined well.  In a med bowl using a wire whisk, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.  Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little at a time.  This makes a very stiff dough, you may need to use your hands to mix at the end.  Add cranberries and almonds and incorporate with an electric mixer or your hands.   Divide dough in half and using your hands form dough into a long thin, flat loaf on lined baking sheet.  You should be able to make two 10-12 inch loaves that are about 4 inches wide and 1 inch in thick.  Bake in the oven for 25 minute or until the edges of the loaves are lightly brown.  Remove from oven and slice each loaf into 1/2 inch slices.  Lay slices down on baking sheet and return to oven for an additional 10 minutes.  Remove biscotti from oven and let cool on a wire rack.

3 comments:

  1. mmm yum! I've been thinking about biscottis lately too. I have a white chocolate cranberry that I make sometimes. Yours looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love biscotti and this recipe is fabulous, hubby's fav cookies! Thank you for sharing, I think I'll include this for coffee at Thanksgiving. See you later. Have a terrific weekend. FABBY

    ReplyDelete

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.