Saturday, November 2, 2019

Homemade Cinnamon Syrup


I wanted to make pancakes after both of my girls had sleepovers and we were out of maple syrup.  So I made my own!  Wow this was easy and soooo much better than the bottled syrup from the grocery store.  I loved the added cinnamon which made everything taste so warm and homey.  Super easy and I'm sure you have all of the ingredients on hand at home to whip up a batch of your own.




Ingredients:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons butter

Preparation:

In a microwavable dish add all ingredients except for butter.  Microwave at high for 1 minute.  Remove, stir and microwave a second time for 1 minute.  Remove from microwave, stir in butter until melted, cool and serve over your favorite pancakes, waffles or french toast!  Pour left overs in an air tight container and store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.