Saturday, January 8, 2011

Chocolate Bark


I love this recipe. It started when my kids went trick or treating a few years back and came home with ridiculous amounts of Halloween candy. I took all of the Hershey and Crunch bars and melted them in the microwave and threw in whatever snacks I had lying around in the kitchen and made bark out of it. It was a huge hit and my friends and family raved about this candy. Who knew that was all I had to do to make something so yummy. So now I bring this treat to family gatherings and I get requests to bring it to scrapbooking events that Ellen and I host for our friends. The great thing about this treat is that you can use any kind of chocolate you have in your house and you can add anything into it that you want (m&ms, dried fruit, reese's pieces, etc)

Thanks Ellen for taking this amazing picture. I can't believe how professional it looks!!

Ingredients:

1 bag of milk chocolate chips
1 bag of semi sweet chips
1/2 bag of mini marshmallows'
1-2 cups pretzel pieces
1-2 cups chopped almonds

Preparation:

Melt chocolate in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl until melted and smooth (microwave one minute at a time until it is fully melted). Pour in marshmallows, almonds and pretzel pieces and stir to coat. Pour mixture onto a silpat or waxed or parchment paper and refrigerate until set. Break into pieces and serve.

1 comment:

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.