Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Chicken Potstickers with Soy Honey Dipping Sauce

Love this recipe.  It's a combination of a few different recipes and always depends on what I have in my kitchen at the moment I want to make them.  I played around until I got this final recipe.  My whole family loves these potstickers.  My sister Karen thought they sounded good and just made them for her family (this is her picture)and they came out exactly like mine.  I like these because they are a combination of pan fried and steamed. They are a little labor intensive but so worth it.  I still have to figure out how to make them without my husband and kids eating them while I'm still making them.  Typically I finally finish cooking and I'm ready to eat and they are all done.

Ingredients:

12 oz of ground chicken
1/4 cup finely chopped mushroom
1 tablespoon finely chopped bamboo shoots
2 tablespoons finely chopped waterchestnuts
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon of ginger
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic

50 wonton wrappers

Mix together all ingredients until combined. Layout 8 wonton wrappers at a time being careful to keep the rest out of the air (or they will dry up - place a damp paper towel over the top of the package) spoon about 2 teaspoons of chicken mixture into the middle of each wonton wrapper. With your finger tip wet all 4 sides of the wonton wrapper with a little water (keep a small bowl of water infront of you so you can do this quickly) Pull up opposite corners and pinch together and then pull up the other two corners and pinch together to form a little "purse" Repeat until you are done with all 50 wonton wrappers. Keep the finished potstickers on a platter with damp towel over the top so the won't dry out while you are finishing preparing the rest of the potstickers.Heat about 2 tablespoons of veg oil in the bottom of a large skillet. Add the potstickers to the hot oil but do not over crowd, the potstickers should not be touching. Brown the bottoms of the potstickers for about 2-3 minutes and then add about 1/4 cup of water to the pan and cover the pan and allow the potstickers to steam for an additional 3-5 minutes.

Soy Honey Dipping Sauce


1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons of honey

whisk together and enjoy

2 comments:

  1. Taylor is allergic to sesame...do you think I could use olive oil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes definitely! The sesame adds some flavor as well to the chicken but I don't think you will really miss it. If you make this let me know how it comes out.

    ReplyDelete

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.