Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Blueberry Pie

Ingredients:

4 cups of frozen blueberries thawed (or fresh)
1/2 cup of sugar
7 tablespoons of cornstarch
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons of juice from thawed blueberries, or grape juice or water
2 pie crusts (I used a frozen deep dish pie crust for the bottom and a ready made rollout crust for the top)

Preparation:

Mix together sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in a small bowl set aside.  Toss blueberries with lemon juice and reserved blueberry juice.  Pour sugar mixture over blueberries and toss to coat.  Pour blueberry mixture into prepared cold pie crust.  Cover with top crust and seal ends around entire crust.  Make slits in the top of crust to vent.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until pie crust is golden brown and blueberry juice is bubbling.  Cool completely before serving.

2 comments:

  1. I've got some blueberries in my fridge right now to use up! I wanted to let you know about my cookbook giveaway that is going on right now until July 16th. Stop on by to enter! Hope you are having a great week :)

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! I need to get me some blueberries. This looks and sounds so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

Everyday Sisters LOVES hearing from you, please leave a comment.