This is a big, soft, cakey cookie. My kids really loved these. Their sweet and delicious and the surprise marshmallow under the frosting is really yummy.
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup of cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
12 marshmallows, cut in half horizontally
chocolate frosting for surprise cookies
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder,baking soda, and salt
2) In the bowl of an electric mixer cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
about 2 minutes. Add egg, milk and vanilla, and beat well. Add reserved flour mixture, mix
on low speed until combined.
3) Using a tablespoon drop dough onto ungreased baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
Bake until cookies begin to spread and become firm, 10 to 12 minutes.
4) Remove baking sheets from oven, and place marshmallow, cut -side down,in the center
of each cookie, pressing down slightly. Return to over, and baking until marshmallow begin
to melt, 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
5) Spread about 1 tablespoon of frosting over each marshmallow, starting in the center and continuing
outward until marshmallow is covered..